Tuesday, December 19, 2006

From the Seashore

This is some gorgeous glass art from Swept From The Sea Designs in Victoria...

The inspiration:

"It was created this year out of my love of the ocean and the beautiful glass it produces. I still remember the first time I saw sea glass. It was in a tiny bottle filled with water on someone's desk. I had no idea what I was looking at.... I was totally mesmerized by the way the light shone though these beautiful little jewels. Then one day at the beach I found one of these little treasures and it all came together."





Glass Hook Earrings with rootbeer brown seaglass drops (above) ~

The explanation:

"Genuine sea glass (seaglass), beach glass (beachglass) is broken glass (bottles, etc.) from shipwrecks, boats or people onshore that for one reason or another has found it's way into the water. Most sea glass is from the early 19th and 20th centuries and can be found along the shorelines of oceans, lakes and rivers. It is tumbled smooth over time (years, decades... centuries) and develops a lovely frosted patina from the action of water (waves, currents) against the sand.

All of my jewelry designs and accessories contain genuine sea glass (seaglass), beach glass (beachglass) that is handpicked from along the shores of the rugged Pacific Ocean. It has a beautiful frosted patina that only mother nature can create."


Lavender Glass Buttons (below) ~






Stunning creations from the works of Mother Nature and this truly talented local artist...

No comments: